Welcome to college! You’ve set off the baptismal fire alarm, you are now an official American college student.
Police officers in Ferguson, Missouri, have begun wearing body cameras after weeks of unrest over the shooting death of an unarmed black teen by a white officer and sharply differing accounts of the incident, officials said on Sunday.
Michael Brown, 18, was shot multiple times by Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson on Aug. 9, sparking nearly three weeks of angry protests in the St. Louis suburb and drawing global attention to race relations in the United States.
Law enforcement and witnesses gave differing accounts of what transpired before Brown was shot, with police saying the teen had struggled with the officer. Witnesses say Brown held up his hands and was surrendering when he was shot multiple times in the head and chest.
The discrepancy has revived calls for officers across the county to be outfitted with body cameras to help capture an accurate record of police-involved incidents.
Hello fellow nerds!
A new school year is approaching, and since I have to nail my A* this year I put together a masterpost with helpful links and tips that I have gathered throughout my school years. Good luck this year: you´ll do just fine!1. Learn ´em languages2. Do your research3. Learn how to write like a God
- 10 practical tips for writing better exam essays.
- Writing an essay.
- Harvard writing resources.
- Writing application essays.
- Writing a personal statement.
- Genre characteristics.
- Writing a literary analysis essay.
- Answering essay questions.
- Get feedback.
- Bibliography maker.
- What is the word you´re looking for?4. Oh yes sweet reading5. Get your studying and organization game on6. Stress and anxiety management because school is stressful7. Go get ´em tests8. Classroom participation - because teachers love that shit9. Software and pages for us nerdy kids10. Yo! Take some time to care ´bout yo´self